How Pharmacy Direct is curbing the spread of Covid-19 and mitigating the risks for our patients and staff.
As Pharmacy Direct is considered an essential service, the following contingency measures have also been implemented to ensure that we can continue to provide a service to our patients and play our part in limiting the spread of the virus as much as possible.
- Introduced extended working hours and started double dispensing on 12 March to counter any possible future delivery difficulties;
- We have increased our normal stockholding since the beginning of March to ensure any stock challenges are mitigated as far as possible;
- In line with our Business Continuation Process, sites have been decongested and a percentage of staff operate remotely to continue to provide our essential service;
- Security protocols have been changed for our guests on-site;
- Communication to our patients to re-assure them that we will continue to deliver medication.
Pharmacy Direct staff:
- We have been educating our staff in line with WHO guidelines and have implemented strict internal hygiene policies across our business such as widespread access to hand sanitizer, increased frequency of cleaning of all workspaces and we will be implementing temperature testing of employees and drivers where appropriate;
- Security officers are deployed at our site entrances and dispensaries acting as sanitation agents;
- Our employees were provided with multi-vitamins as well as flu vaccinations to ensure a productive work environment and boost their immune systems;
- Our employees were also be provided with individual sanitizing sprays;
- Our employees are educated and updated regarding behavior and response with regards to Covid-19 on a weekly and ad-hoc basis.
Contactless Delivery & Collection
Enhanced hygiene measures extend to our Couriers drivers who are required to execute contactless deliveries.
Our drivers have been instructed not to make physical contact with any customers and to maintain a safe distance. Packages will be placed on a surface indicated by the customer, the driver will then back away and allow the customer to pick up their package themselves.
All drivers have been given access to hand sanitiser with clear instructions to sanitise their hands before and after every delivery.
No Signature Required
Customers are not required to actually sign for receipt of a delivery. Customers should simply quote their name and details to the Delivery Team who will either sign or input any required information on their behalf.
We are dedicated and will keep on showing up to make our difference during these extraordinary times. We wish all of our patients a happy day! Be safe, your well-being is our priority. We CARE.
More Info Regarding COVID-19 Click the following link. www.sacoronavirus.co.za